FPC Brewton Coronavirus Update: September 29, 2020
We have begun monthly communion and Sunday School back again! In addition, we have changed our service time. Sunday School meets at 9am and Worship is at 10am.
Sunday School: 9am
Worship Service: 10am
We have begun Sunday School again! All classes will meet in the normal locations except for Parker's class, which will meet in the Nursery in order to watch the young children. The Ladies Bible Class will not meet at this time, but instead will meet along with Circle 1 on the second and forth Thursday in the Fellowship Hall at 3:30.
1. Worship in the Sanctuary with Masks Required.
This area is especially useful for those who are at-risk but still desire to attend in-person worship. While we have a supply of masks available, we ask that you bring your own if possible. Please enter through the Belleville Ave entrance.
2. Worship in the Fellowship Hall with Masks Recommended, but not Required.
Thanks to the efforts of our sound guru Frankie Lanier, those in the Fellowship Hall are able to see and hear the service going on in the sanctuary. Remember that masks are not as much for our own protection, but the protection of others. Please enter through the gym doors by the kitchen.
If you desire to listen to the service in your vehicle, we have designated spots in the shade along the backside of the parking lot. Please tune your radio to 97.1.
We are continuing to post our prerecorded services online for the foreseeable future.
1. Please follow the "Restaurant Mask Policy:" Even if you are attending worship or Sunday School where a mask is not required, please wear one upon entering, exiting, or moving inside the building.
2.Temperatures are taken with an infrared thermometer (no touch). Those with a fever of 100.4 or higher will be asked to listen from their cars or watch from home.
3. Ushers seat and dismiss worshippers to make sure we maintain 6 feet of distance between family groups.
4. If you feel sick, please stay home.
1. Shorter service without Sunday School, the meet and greet, or nursery.
2. For a while, we will not have any singing because it has the potential to spread the coronavirus more readily than normal speech. Jan will be providing some great piano music, though!
3. There are baskets for tithes and offerings at the door.
Grace and Peace,
Pastor Parker Johnson, on behalf of the Session